Aero® Chocolate Tart
Treat your dinner guests with a delicious, melt-in-your-mouth dessert with our Chocolate Tart recipe made with Aero® Peppermint Bubbles and Carnation Caramel!
Prep: 25 mins Cook: 30 mins
- AERO® Bubbles Peppermint Mint Chocolate Sharing Pouch 92g x1
- 220g sweet pastry, pre-rolled
- 397g Carnation Caramel
- 2 eggs
- 200g chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 25.5 x 3.5cm tart dish
- x12 Aero® Peppermint Bubbles
- Each portion contains:
- of an adult’s Reference Intake (RI)*
- Energy per 100g: 1659kJ/396kcal
- *Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal).
- Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.
- For allergens, always check the ingredients list of each product used.
Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C for fan ovens) Gas mark 6. Line a tart dish with the pastry and blind bake for 10 – 15 minutes till cooked and beginning to turn golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing the baking beans.
For a shortcut on making our baked chocolate tart recipe, use a pre-cooked pastry case and skip straight to step 3.
To blind bake: Lightly grease a tart case then line with a thin layer of pastry. Cut a circle of baking paper an inch larger than the tart. Line the pastry with baking paper and then fill with baking beans; this will weigh down the pastry as it cooks. Bake until cooked and turning golden round the edges.
Turn the oven down to 160°C (140° C for fan ovens) Gas mark 3. Add the caramel, chocolate and eggs to a bowl. Mix gently until smooth (avoid making too many bubbles) and pour into the tart case. Gently tap the tart dish on the work surface once or twice to remove any bubbles created - you want a lovely smooth, silky texture!
Place in the centre of the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the filling is set and starting to rise. Remove and allow the tart to cool completely.
Decorate with Aero® Peppermint Bubbles and cut before serving.